Dr. Steven Hochfelder proudly offers the beautiful, stunningly lifelike Prettau® bridge at his Lake Mary dental practice. Prettau® bridges, produced by Zirconzahn®, are either implant or tooth supported bridges made of translucent zirconia. This material offers incredible strength and durability and looks extremely lifelike. Dr. Hochfelder has been providing these implant-supported bridges to his patients for the past two years and he is proud to be a part of the future of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. To find out more about Prettau® bridges, schedule your consultation today.
How Prettau® Bridges Are Placed
Prior to receiving your bridge, Dr. Hochfelder will schedule a consultation with you to determine the correct placement of any needed dental implants and bone grafting. While your jaw and gums are healing around the implant posts (a process that usually takes about three to six months), Dr. Hochfelder will send your measurements and impressions to a lab. Your bridge will be custom fabricated from Prettau® zirconia. He works with a certified Prettau® bridge laboratory, so that he can be sure that the technicians are highly familiar with this sophisticated material. When the bridge is finished and your jaw and gums are fully healed, you will return to Dr. Hochfelder’s office so that he can attach the bridge to the implant posts. Prettau® bridges can replace several consecutive teeth or an entire arch of teeth.
What Is Prettau® Zirconia?
Prettau® Zirconia is a revolutionary new dental material consisting of zirconia oxide and several other components. Zirconia oxide is widely recognized for its incredible resistance to cracks and fractures, and it is considered the strongest and most durable dental material available. Zirconia has an enhanced microstructure, giving it transparency that closely resembles the natural transparency and sheen of tooth enamel.
The Benefits of the Prettau® Bridge
There are many advantages in choosing the Prettau® bridge, thanks to both the state-of-the-art materials and the permanent nature of the restoration. Benefits include:
- A lifelike appearance - Prettau® bridges are customized to match the color and shape of your existing teeth. Because of its transparency, zirconia reflects light much like natural teeth. The base is also custom colored to match your gum tissue.
- Strength and durability – Zirconia is highly resistant to chips, cracks, and breakage.
- Permanence - Prettau® bridges are permanently affixed in your mouth, meaning you will not have to deal with shifting, or the inconvenience of a removable bridge or dentures. You will also be able to eat and speak normally.
- Safety and hygiene – Zirconia is 100% biocompatible, so there is no risk of allergic reaction. These bridges are easy to clean and resistant to tartar and plaque.
- Enhanced appearance and confidence – Thanks to the Prettau bridge’s beautiful, lifelike appearance, when you choose this method of tooth replacement, you will enjoy a stunning smile that you can be proud to share.
Contact Us Today
Call our office today to learn more about the Prettau® bridge. If you are missing teeth, we can help you rebuild a smile that not only functions properly and comfortably, but also helps you look and feel your very best.